Accessible Sidewalks Video Series
The Access Board developed a four-part video to illustrate access issues and considerations with accessible sidewalks. The DVD version is no longer available, but the following links provide digital versions.
Further guidance on accessible public rights-of-way is available from the Access Board at 1-202-272-0080 (voice/TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Board Resources
- Proposed Guidelines for Public Rights-of-Ways (2013)
- Visual Detection of Detectable Warning Materials by Pedestrians with Visual Impairments (Board funded research)
- Department of Transportation www.fta.dot.gov 1-888-446-4511 (voice/relay)
- FHWA memorandum on compliance with detectable warning requirements (May 2002)
- Department of Justice www.ada.gov 1-800-514-0301 (voice), 1-800-514-0383 (TTY)
- Accessible Design for the Blind www.accessforblind.org 1-978-838-2307