Complaints under the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) can be filed using any of the following methods:

1.  Online ABA Complaint Form

2.  E-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3.  Fax to 202-272-0081

4.  Mail to:

Compliance and Enforcement Section
Office of the General Counsel
U.S. Access Board
1331 F Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20004-1111

Important Note:  The only complaints that should be filed with the Board are complaints alleging violations of the ABA. Complaints about other government services or issues, such as Social Security Insurance and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSI/SSDI), benefits, tax, motor vehicle, health insurance, welfare, and any other topic unrelated to the accessibility of Federal buildings or facilities, should not be addressed to the Access Board but rather to the appropriate Federal, State, or local entity. Complaints related to accessibility barriers in State or local government buildings, as well as places of public accommodation (restaurants, hotels, bars, movie theaters, etc.), should be directed to the United States Department of Justice, which enforces the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). For information on other Federal laws that address accessibility and protect the rights of people with disabilities, please refer to these resources.

When filing a complaint, be sure to include the name and address of the building or facility and a brief description of each access problem or barrier you encountered at that building or facility. Additional information about the facility, such as when it was built or known sources of Federal funding, is helpful but not necessary. You may also submit any photographs or other supporting documents with your complaint.

Personal information, including your name, is optional and allows us to keep you informed of the status and results of our investigation. If you provide any personal information, we will not disclose it without your written permission. If you wish, however, you may file a complaint anonymously.