If you are concerned about access to a facility that may have been federally funded, you can file a complaint about it with the Access Board under the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA). The ABA requires access to facilities designed, built or altered with federal dollars or leased by federal agencies. The law covers a wide range of facilities, including post offices, social security offices, prisons, and national parks. It also applies to non-government facilities that have received federal funding, such as certain schools, public housing, and mass transit systems.

The Board enforces the ABA through the investigation of complaints from the public. To start an investigation, the Board needs the name and address of the facility in question and a brief description of the barriers to accessibility. Additional information about the facility, such as when it was built or known sources of federal funding, is helpful but not necessary. Personal information, including one's name, is optional and, where provided, is kept confidential. Complaints can be submitted through an online form or by email, mail or fax.

If you are concerned about other types of accessibility not covered by the ABA, see Other Resources for more information.