|© 2006, National Institute of Building Sciences. All rights reserved. |
- Gardens (see Appendix 6)
- Design gardens that can be maintained organically without pesticides.
- Avoid plants with fragrances that may provoke allergies.
- Exterior gardens and landscape should be free of all plantings that require pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, lime, or other chemical applications.
- Use indigenous plant materials that are hardy, naturally pest-resistant, require minimal maintenance, and low water use.
- Use xeriscaping principles.
© 2006, National Institute of Building Sciences. All rights reserved.