I am submitting comments on the ADA Access Board revised guidelines for passenger vessels. My comments refer to accessibility for passengers with a hearing loss
This population cannot hear well and needs the following accessibilty accomodtions for safety during, emergency situations, and accomadtions in everyday shipboard life.
1. Hearing aid compatible amplified phones in staterooms and all public areas of the ship.
2. A TTY in staterooms and in the ship administration office.
3. Assistive Listening Devices in all public entertainment and information areas.
4. Open captioning on screens simultaneously with all loudspeaker announcements
5. Flashing smoke alarms in staterooms and public areas.
New York, NY 10o23