To Whom It May Concern,
There are 31 million people with hearing loss in United States. 1 out of 3 at the age of 65 loses their hearing. This age group tends to have the time, money and inclination to take cruises. At that stage of life they are often facing many physical and or sensory challenges, with hearing loss being the most prevalent.
In addition families get together on cruises. Communication access needs apply to people of all ages.
Request at least the following:
1. Hearing aid compatible amplified phones in staterooms and all public areas of the ship.
2. A TTY in staterooms and in the ship administration office.
3. Assistive Listening Devices in all public entertainment and information areas.
4. Open captioning on screens simultaneously with all loudspeaker announcements.
5. Flashing smoke alarms in staterooms and public areas.
Chair of Captioned Telephone Advocacy Committee Hearing Loss Association of America-New York State