(Attach Needed Survey Forms to this Summary Sheet.)
- At least 50% of all public entrances must be accessible.
- If the number of exits required by the applicable building/fire code is greater than 50%
of public entrances, the number of accessible entrances must be at least equal to the
number of required exits up to the total number of entrances planned. (See examples
- Each separate tenancy must have an accessible entrance.
- Where an entrance is provided from an enclosed parking structure, an accessible entrance
must be provided.
- Where access is provided from a pedestrian tunnel or elevated walkway, an accessible
entrance must be provided.
- A facility has six (6) public entrances planned and four (4) fire exits are required.
Four (4) of the six (6) public entrances must be accessible.
- A facility has one (1) public entrance planned, and two (2) fire exits are required.
Only the one (1) public entrance must be accessible.
- A facility has three (3) public entrances planned, and two (2) fire exits are required.
Two (2) of the three (3) public entrances must be accessible.
List accessible entrances to be surveyed:
Survey each accessible entrance with Form 10: Entrances and Exits (Areas of Rescue
Assistance); Form 11: Doors and Gates; and Form 3: Exterior Accessible Routes. You may
also need Form 7: Ramps; Form 8: Stairs*; Form 9: Platform Lifts*; Form 13: Elevators; and
Form 19: Signage, where these elements are part of an entrance.
*Note: Use of stairs and platform lifts to provide accessibility is
limited in new construction. (See Minimum Requirements Summary Sheet B: Site Accessible
Routes and Elements.)
Number of Copies:
|Form 3: Exterior Accessible Routes
|Form 7: Ramps
|Form 8: Stairs
|Form 9: Platform Lifts
|Form 10: Entrances
|Form 11: Doors and Gates
|Form 13: Elevators
|Form 19: Signage
Back to Accessibility Guidelines Checklist for Building and Facilities